Obtain Residency in Qatar
Updated on Tuesday 13th July 2021
Rate this article 2 reviewsbased on
The residence permit in Qatar can be obtained as soon as you move to this country. The process of issuing the residence card in Qatar is not complicated, and foreigners can rely on the services of our specialists. In addition, those who want to start a company in Qatar can be guided by our agents who have experience in this field and who can handle all the formalities. We invite you to talk to our company formation representatives in Qatar and see how you can be helped.
Information about residency in Qatar
Foreigners who want to work in Qatar need a residence permit. What is important to know is that the employer can start the formalities for obtaining a residence permit in Qatar, this being the main sponsor, employed in this process. Moreover, those waiting for residency in Qatar are advised not to leave the country until the process is complete. Here are the conditions required to obtain residency in Qatar:
- Entry in Qatar is made with a single-entry visa.
- The foreign citizen should have a blood test to detect possible diseases such as HIV and a chest x-ray.
- The employment contract is then presented to the authorities, together with the valid passport, copies of the professional certificates, and the marriage certificate, if applicable.
- The first temporary residence permit is obtained in Qatar, and will then be transformed into a permanent one, but under other conditions.
- The employer, together with one of our specialists will supervise the process of obtaining a residence permit for Qatar. It can take about two weeks.
We remind you that the residence permit in Qatar costs around QR 1,000, a payment that will be made annually. Do not hesitate to talk to our team of agents and find out all the details about the documents required to obtain residency in Qatar.
Who qualifies for Qatar permanent residency?
A permanent residency is issued only for foreigners living in Qatar for at least 20 years, fluent in Arabic and with a clear criminal record, to name a few of the requirements imposed. Plus, the authorities will ask for information about personal incomes to see if candidates can support the living, including for family members.
Qatar permanent residency by investment – What you need to know
The Investment Promotion Agency in Qatar recently revised the conditions for Qatar permanent residency by investment to attract more foreigners to the country. As such, citizens from overseas can purchase properties worth at least USD 200,000 in 25 areas of Qatar and obtain temporary residence. In the case of investments of USD 1 million, applicants can enjoy the benefits of Qatar permanent residency by investment like complete healthcare plans and free education. Such a programme allows candidates to bring the family members too, so those interested in Qatar residency by investment are suggested to talk to our specialists and see how they can be helped.
What are the benefits of Qatar permanent residency?
Qatar permanent residency comes with a series of benefits like the possibility of staying outside the country for longer than 6 months, and complete and free access to education and healthcare (family members included). Entrepreneurs in Qatar can invest and start companies in many economic sectors that are normally granted only to nationals.
The real estate sector, for instance, is quite generous from an investment point of view, already hosting a large number of companies activating in this field. Here are some facts and figures that highlight the economic direction of Qatar:
- In matters of total FDIs for 2019, Qatar registered nearly USD 32 billion.
- The corporate tax rate in Qatar is set at 10%, a huge advantage for businessmen worldwide.
- The 2020 Doing Business report ranked Qatar 77th out of 190 economies for simplified business formalities and more.
- Non-Qatari investors enjoy a huge benefit like having 100% ownership of the company.
Working with our specialists in Qatar
We have a dedicated team of company formation specialists in Qatar with experience in business incorporation and related services. Support for documents preparation and registration with the relevant authorities, tax registration, accounting and payroll, support for acquiring special licenses and permits, company secretary, and virtual office packages are available facilities for local and international entrepreneurs in Qatar.
You can get in touch with us and find out how you can benefit from personalized offers if you would like to apply for Qatar residency by investment.